[tex-live] language.def

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 01:46:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> On Mo, 16 Jun 2008, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Mo, 16 Jun 2008, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> > language: es
>> > name: spanish
>> > synonym: espanol
>> > lefthyphenmin: 2
>> > righthyphenmin: 2
>> > file: loadhyph-es.tex
>>
>> what about the following:
>>
>> - We get rid of the language.XX.dat file
>> - replace the
>>       execute BuildLanguageDat es
>>   with
>>       execute language=es name=spanish synonyms=espanol[,...] lefthyphenmin=2 righthyphenmin=2 file=loadhyph-es.tex
>>

> Mojca, btw, what is the
>        language: XX
> for? AFAIS it will not show up neither in the language.dat nor .def
> file. I guess it is for your housekeeping?

In 90% it would be used for loadhyhp-XX.tex, it used to be used in
language.XX.dat, but at this moment you might indeed not need it any
more.

But some other question - it would be nice to know what to put to
those tlpsrc files apart from the execute line.

Apart from that, I have no idea where to take the hyphmin settings
from for Hungarian, Greek, Polish, Coptic and Turkish at least. Not
100% sure whether I got them right for other languages.

Mojca