[tex-live] TL2008 installer

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 16 18:37:59 CEST 2008

Hi Thomas,

On Mo, 16 Jun 2008, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> 1. Would it be possible to have a more prominent warning when the
> installer is run without root privileges. I imagine that most users

Karl? I don't mind in any direction, but since we have already a warning
I would have expected that this is enough ...

> 2. Is it possible to add a --resume option to the installer script?

No, not at the current status. The installer is not laid our for that
ATM.

> When I installed on Sunday, the download broke off twice at some
> point; the second time at package "xecyr." I was a bit disappointed to

I will try to hack something into the installer to retry at least 2
times before giving up on downloading a package. Karl, do you agree?

Best wishes

Norbert