[tex-live] TL2008 installer

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Mon Jun 16 16:58:20 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently test-driving tl2008 and like the new installer; it's
great. I have two questions/suggestions:

1. Would it be possible to have a more prominent warning when the
installer is run without root privileges. I imagine that most users
want to install into system directories, so if they forget to run as
su or with sudo, would it make sense to have a dialog "Insufficient
privileges to write to system directories. Really continue?" and only
proceed if the user confirms?

2. Is it possible to add a --resume option to the installer script?
When I installed on Sunday, the download broke off twice at some
point; the second time at package "xecyr." I was a bit disappointed to
see that it would just restart from scratch, dowloading everything
again.

I'm on OS X intel, if this makes a difference.

All best

Thomas