[tex-live] language.def

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 16 12:51:38 CEST 2008

HI all,

On So, 15 Jun 2008, Karl Berry wrote:
>     3) The supplied language.def loads only the US English hyphenation
>     patterns. Would it be possible to include other hyphenation patterns
>     by default (as is done with language.dat)?
>
> Clearly this is the intent, but it takes a lot of effort to keep
> language.dat, fmtutil.cnf, updmap.cfg in sync now.  I'm scared to try to
> add another file of the same ilk.

There is one question with this: Do we have *any* chance to
auto-generate these lines from what is present in
	Master/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.*.dat
??

If yes, I could add some magic such that language.def is updated at the
same time as language.dat (and in the same way!).

Best wishes

Norbert

ESHER (n.)
One of those push tapes installed in public washrooms enabling the
user to wash their trousers without actually getting into the
basin. The most powerful esher of recent years was 'damped down' by
Red Adair after an incredible sixty-eight days' fight in Manchester's
Piccadilly Station.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff