[tex-live] checks for right file types

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Mon Jun 16 06:35:58 CEST 2008

"HO" == Heiko Oberdiek writes:

 HO> I will modify the script to accept .pfm, .inf files in TDS:type1
 HO> and to reject TDS:pfm.

usually, pfm files go together with pfb (or pfa): pfb+pfm is installable
combination.

but inf should go with afm, because afm+inf is the source for the pfm file.

in other words,

  pf[ab] + pfm is a "good" combination, and
  pf[ab] + afm + inf is a "good" combination

(meaning they can be used to install fonts on windows),
but keeping inf together with pf[ab], and separate from afm does not
make sense, because inf has more sense to be used together with afm.

since we keep afm separately from pf[ab], inf should go with afm.
alternatively, we can put all afm, inf, pfm, and pf[ab] belonging
to the same font in the same directory, getting rid of afm tree.
that would keep all files together and directly installable on woe32.

Best,
v.