[tex-live] language, lang, la (was: testing TL'08)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Sun Jun 15 22:00:14 CEST 2008

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

> [...]
>   About czechslovak: I may be mistaken but I am under the impression
> that texmf-doc/doc/czechslovak/texlive-cz/live.pdf is really a mixture
> of Czech and Slovak -- most of it seems to Czech, but chapter 8 looks
> like Slovak.  Can anyone please clarify this?  Zdeněk?

We use czechslovak in TL intentionally:
1. even when there are 2 countries and 2 (slightly) different languages,
   our friends from both countries still have CSTUG (Czech and Slovak
   TeX Users Group)
2. in both countries people use csplain and/or cslatex
3. I was told that the documentation written in both languages can be
   understandable for each other

As for live.tex some parts were translated by Czechs (Petr Sojka et al),
some other by Slovak (Jana Chlebikova). I didn't hear any (big)
complaints.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl