[tex-live] A few glitches in tlnet/tldev

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 13:39:36 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 6:52 PM, George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Reinhard Kotucha
> <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>
>> [..]
>> The program which changes paper sizes is derived from Thomas'
>> texconfig.  It changes entries in config files.  I don't see any
>> config file for xetex in the texmf tree.  If anybody tells me what is
>> needed for xetex, I'll add support.
>
> I just did a Build from TL svn (on a lnux system at home), and
> noticed:
>
> $ grep 'a4' inst/texmf/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg
> %% papersize-spec is 'paper-format' or length-pair, e.g., 'a4', 'letter',
> p  a4
>
> My Master tree has a bunch of them.

My Master tree is updated using rsync without deletes, so old cruft has
accumulated.

$ xetex -no-pdf x-story
$ strings x-story.xdv | grep pdf
pdf:pagesize default

Then xdvipdfmx finds ,,/texmf/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg (after checking in
~/.texlive2008, etc).  Editing this file gives me letter paper in the .pdf.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia