[tex-live] language, lang, la

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jun 15 11:48:08 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 09:06:04AM +0100, Robin Fairbairns wrote:

> Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Karl Berry writes:
> >
> >  > However, FAQ-ge needs to be renamed on CTAN, and I don't know who,
> >  > if anyone, owns it these days.
> >
> > I suppose that it's sufficient to ask Bernd Raichle.  You'll find his
> > email address in catalogue/entries/authors.
>
> afaics, the german faq we have (dating from 2006) is help/de-tex-faq/part<n>
> which looks like something harvested from news.answers

The home of the FAQ is http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
I don't see that FAQ-ge is caused by the authors of the FAQ.
It seems to be in full control of TeX Live.
Karl, please at least change
  FAQ-ge to FAQ-de
and
  texlive-ge to texlive-de
Thanks.

> (in one of my periodic glooms about the english faq i run, someone
> remarked that the german one seems hardly to be a current activity any
> longer -- is this true?)

Sad, but true.
(Nevertheless I have some ideas for a revival, basically
a merge between a translation of Robin's FAQ with the
old German FAQ. But that's a project too huge for now.
It's something for TeX Live 2009. And I also will need
some volunteers. Please contact me, if you are interested.)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>