[tex-live] textures.def (was: testing TL'08)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 14 23:01:48 CEST 2008

    textures.def is missing (option textures for packages color, graphics, ...)

It was missing in 2007, too (and there have been zero bug reports about
it).  When the LaTeX team dropped the historical .def files (a good
decision IMHO), it became illegal to distribute:

%% This code may be distributed only as part of
%% the full Blue Sky Research LaTeX distribution or as part of
%% the Standard LaTeX `Graphics Bundle'.

(I researched these various files at the time, there was a thread about
it.  Not that I have a url handy.)

Anyway, if you have a version that is free, I'll take it.  But
supporting textures is not a priority for TeX Live and I'm not going to
spend any time on it.

Thanks,
karl