[tex-live] automatic format generation for context

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jun 12 23:16:20 CEST 2008

Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
>>> Shouldn't that go rather to respective /bin/<platform>
>>> as for running they must be in PATH?
>>> We already have in bin/<platform>/ other scripts/.bat files like
>>> ctxtools, pstopdf and much more... Ahh, as I see, scripts/context/stubs/xx/
>>> contains duplicates of what we've already had in bin/<platform>
>> Yes, they were in bin already, except for the 6 new ones.
>
> So should the new ones be also moved to bin/xxx/ and why keeping them in
> two places (bin/ and scripts/) ?

I suspect they are copied, not moved. That is in fact one of the reasons
why I posted a message instead of attempting something myself: I do not
know how to handle them in texlive. Of course they need to be in the bin
directory at the user side, but how that is handled is not clear to me.

Best wishes,
Taco