[tex-live] TeX Live Installer -- pregeneration of formats

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jun 12 22:45:54 CEST 2008

Frank Küster scripsit (12.06.2008 22:10)
> Ah, okay - now I got the point. Yes, that would be a good idea. The -s
> option would:
>
> a) look in texlive.tlpdb whether it can find the "main" documentation
>    there, maybe even tell the user about translations
>
> b) look for directories that match, as it does now
>
> c) look for filenames that match
>
> and without the -s option it would show what texlive.tlpdb tells it is
> the best match, except if the user switched that off explicitly.

Yes, something like that. I'll probably try to implement that after this
year's release, concentrating on fixing the urgent problems (kpse breakage on
Solaris & Mac, default programs...) and we can discuss the details at this
moment. I'd very much like to make an option that searches in the descriptions
too, like searching on ctan, but localy it could be faster and more convenient.

Manuel.