[tex-live] bbold 11pt fonts

Greg Gamble gregg at maths.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 11 10:28:00 CEST 2008

Dear TeX-Live-rs/teTeX-ers

One of my favourite font packages is bbold ... I like my blackboard bold
in sans-serif, and I have been using it quite happily on teTeX systems.

I have a particular environment I use for solutions, that sets the solution
of a maths problem below the problem itself in \small font. This means that
with a 12pt document, I'm often calling upon an 11pt sized font within my
solutions environment.

Now this has worked fine for years under teTeX, but now under tex-live
(I install the packages via apt-get under ubuntu (which uses the Debian
package system)), it's complaining about missing .tfm files of the
appropriate size.

Does anyone know what's amiss? ... how to fix it? Is it something missing in
tex-live? .... or the ubuntu packaging? ... or might it possibly be due to
finding residual teTeX stuff that's confusing the tex-live stuff, so that
it's the right place?

Is this an FAQ?

  Regards,
  Greg Gamble