[tex-live] bbold 11pt fonts ... more info

Greg Gamble gregg at maths.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 11 10:41:50 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 04:28:00PM +0800, Greg Gamble wrote:
> Dear TeX-Live-rs/teTeX-ers
>
> One of my favourite font packages is bbold ... I like my blackboard bold
> in sans-serif, and I have been using it quite happily on teTeX systems.
>
> I have a particular environment I use for solutions, that sets the solution
> of a maths problem below the problem itself in \small font. This means that
> with a 12pt document, I'm often calling upon an 11pt sized font within my
> solutions environment.
>
> Now this has worked fine for years under teTeX, but now under tex-live
> (I install the packages via apt-get under ubuntu (which uses the Debian
> package system)), it's complaining about missing .tfm files of the
> appropriate size.
>
> Does anyone know what's amiss? ... how to fix it? Is it something missing in
> tex-live? .... or the ubuntu packaging? ... or might it possibly be due to
> finding residual teTeX stuff that's confusing the tex-live stuff, so that
> it's the right place?
>
> Is this an FAQ?

I probably should have included that a missfont.log is generated with:

mktextfm bbold11

but evidently there is a problem when this is executed because when
this is run, which is what happens when one latexs the file one gets
diagnostics like:

<to be read again>
                   withpen
draw->...urrentpicture.doublepath(EXPR0)t_.withpen
                                                  .currentpen
<to be read again>
                   ..
l.86          ..
                 farleftof Bottom~Right
>> (0,0,1,0,0,1)
! Improper `addto'.
<to be read again>
                   withpen
draw->...urrentpicture.doublepath(EXPR0)t_.withpen
                                                  .currentpen
<to be read again>
                   ..
l.86          ..
                 farleftof Bottom~Right
! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                   withpen
draw->...urrentpicture.doublepath(EXPR0)t_.withpen
                                                  .currentpen
<to be read again>
                   ..
l.86          ..
                 farleftof Bottom~Right
)))
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input bbold11

  Regards,
  Greg Gamble