[tex-live] TeX Live Installer -- pregeneration of formats

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Tue Jun 10 22:29:02 CEST 2008

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>         \input latex.ltx
>     to [pdf]jadetex.ini.  "&latex" can then be removed from fmtutil.cnf.
>
> If this simple addition caused trouble, it would be easy enough to only
> do the \input if some LaTeX-specific control sequence (say,
> \NeedsTeXFormat) was not defined.
>
> Is anyone in the world still actually running/using jadetex?

I am not completely sure whether it was jadetex or xmltex, but one of
which we once tried to simply remove from Debian, because the
non-TeXLive package was so buggy. But then we got unfriendly reports,
because quite some packages needed it to build their documentation.

I can't say whether these were actively developped packages, though.

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)