[tex-live] Build fails on Solaris 10

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 10 11:06:14 CEST 2008

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
> Karl Berry scripsit (09.06.2008 23:37)
>> texdoc.tlu is in the scripts subdir, and so the SELFAUTO* variable
>> values are going to reflect that.  Perhaps in Lua the equivalent of $0
>> has symlinks resolved.
>>
>> Manuel, can you investigate this?  I'm surprised that it fails for
>> Ettore and works for you.
>>
> I'll do.  I would be very surprised that $0 resolves symlinks in Lua, but I'll
> try to understand what's happening.

The code in the luatex TRUNK initializes a lua variable named

    os.selfdir

which is the directory where luatex's executable resides, with
symlinks resolved. This code is not yet in the 0.25.3 that is
on texlive.

If that would help (of which I am not sure), I can do a backport
of that functionality to texlive (but only if it would actually
help, of course)

Best wishes,
Taco