[tex-live] file and viewer commands on OS/2 and macos (was: texdoc.tlu)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Sun Jun 8 18:51:55 CEST 2008

Frank Küster <frank at kuesterei.ch> wrote:

>>      if (os.type == "windows") then ....
>
> It is done like this already, except that I didn't know of os.type (or
> maybe it wasn't available one year ago),

I've now read about os.type, and have a view questions:

- is it possible to distinguish OS/2, and if not what will it return?
  msdos?

- What would be useful commands for removing a file or directory on
  OS/2?

- What would be useful commands for viewers on MacOSX? Ideally something
  which reflects the settings of the user, e.g. whether (s)he wants
  Preview or Adobe Reader for PDF files?

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster