[tex-live] proba.sty distribution problems

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 2 12:43:21 CEST 2008

Dear Laurent,

on Debian we got a bug report, but it applies the same way to TeX Live
upstream version:

----- Forwarded message from Julian Gilbey <jdg at debian.org> -----
> I was just looking at the proba.sty package, and wondering what the
> purpose of a couple of the macros was.  I looked for the proba.dtx
> file but it turns out that it does not exist on CTAN, yet the licence
> in the file specifies that it must be distributed with the dtx file.
----- End forwarded message -----

Since we cannot distribute the file proba.sty as long as it looks like
this we would have to remove it from TeX Live for the release of 2008.

Could you please upload a new version with either a fixed header which
and a statement that it is licensed under your choosen (hopefully free)
license, or upload proba.dtx and proba.sty together to CTAN.

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

which will engulf the
Galaxy in fire and destruction, and possibly bring the
Universe to a premature doom. I mean it,' he added.
with luck I'll be
drunk enough not to notice.'
                 --- Ford ensuring everyone knew where his priorities lay.