[tex-live] some fixes in Debian which should go upstream

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 2 11:01:37 CEST 2008

Hi all,

(Manuel, for you the misplaced files below might be interesting. Can you
somehow fix that in ctan2tds? Thanks)

I am putting my Debian hat on, so here are some bugs we should somehow
fix:

- texmf-dist/tex/latex/arabi/arabic.ldf
  does: \InputIfFileExists{Arabicore.sty}{% ...
  but there is only a file arabicore.sty (a <-> A)
  patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-lang/debian/patches/20_lowercase_Arabicore?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

- texmf-dist/bibtex/bib/acmconf/pubform.bib
  contains the standard headers for LaTeX including the character table
  but the character table contains \@ which is bad in a bibtex file,
  since there are no comments in bibtex files, only ignored stuff.
  patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-extra/debian/patches/fix-pubform-bib?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

- texmf-dist/fonts/source/public/wsuipa/compilefonts
  this is a script that should be run, but it starts with the
  documentation without any comment markers, should be patched
  patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-extra/debian/patches/10_wsuipa?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

- two bugs in texmf-dist/tex/latex/g-brief/g-brief.cls:
  - \Telefon is defined two times. See Debian bug 423919, no response
    from upstream
  - a missplaced } in \unterschrift, Debian bug 407968, no response
  patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-extra/debian/patches/g-brief-fix?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

- texmf-dist/source/latex/feynmf/feynmf.pl
  a temp file fix and a perl syntax fix
  patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian/patches/52_feynmf-perl-sec-fix?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

- Build/source/texk/dvipdfm/pdfdoc.c
  there is a bug in dvipdfm with 0.5 timezones, see Debian bug 409517
  for a detailed discussion and Ubuntu bug 66474.
  Interestingly I seem to remember that that was fixed upstream!
  patch: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/texlive-new/trunk/texlive-bin/debian/patches/61_dvipdfm_timezone?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

There are two my knowledge two misplaced files,
- texmf-dist/doc/latex/bangtex/bangfont.tex should go to
  texmf-dist/tex/latex/bangtex/
  (done manually)

- texmf-dist/doc/latex/otibet/otibet.tex should go to
  texmf-dist/tex/latex/otibet/
  (done manually)

As far as I see that is all we can currently contribute ;-)

Unfortunately I have not the time and resources to track all that to the
up-upstream authors or do all the fixes manually.

Best wishes

Norbert

`Er, hey Earthman...'
`Arthur,' said Arthur.
`Yeah, could you just sort of keep this robot with you and
guard this end of the passageway. OK?'
What from? You just said there's no
one here.'
`Yeah, well, just for safety, OK?' said Zaphod.
`Whose? Yours or mine?'
                 --- Arthur drawing the short straw on Magrathea.