[tex-live] TeXlive for free ?

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Wed Jul 30 21:10:49 CEST 2008

On 30 Jul 2008, at 7:58 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> mohamed amine bahayou writes:
>> Hi,
>> I have difficulties to download the TeXLive 2008. We have a poor
>> internet
>> connexion in Algeria. May I ask if there is any possibility to
>> request the
>> TeXLive on DVD from tug.org or ctan.org (or any other source) ?
>> Many thanks for any help you may offer me in this matter.
>
> Hi Amine,
> I suggest you to ask this question again when TL-2008 is released.  At
> the moment it doesn't make much sense because some things might
> change.  Especially, new binaries are uploaded almost daily.  It's
> better to wait until TL is frozen.

If your internet connection is poor -- or even if it isn't -- I
suggest you consider joining TUG. One of the benefits of membership is
that you'll receive TeX Live (and other resources) on DVD when it is
released.

See http://tug.org/aims_ben.html and http://tug.org/join.html for more
information.

Regards,