[tex-live] TeXlive for free ?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jul 30 20:58:53 CEST 2008

mohamed amine bahayou writes:
 > Hi,
 > I have difficulties to download the TeXLive 2008. We have a poor internet
 > connexion in Algeria. May I ask if there is any possibility to request the
 > TeXLive on DVD from tug.org or ctan.org (or any other source) ?
 > Many thanks for any help you may offer me in this matter.

Hi Amine,
I suggest you to ask this question again when TL-2008 is released.  At
the moment it doesn't make much sense because some things might
change.  Especially, new binaries are uploaded almost daily.  It's
better to wait until TL is frozen.

How did you try to download TL-2008?  Did you try to download the DVD
image or did you use the network installer?  The latter has some
advantages:  You could first select 'scheme-minimal' and then select
only the collections you really need.  This reduces the amount of
stuff to be downloaded significantly.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25