[tex-live] TeX Live 2008 Development Installation (v9793/9792), index.html containing links to documentation is missing

Peter Ragosch peter.ragosch at t-online.de
Mon Jul 28 19:35:19 CEST 2008

Dear Live TeXaner,

I've just installed the actual  'TeX Live version: development' on a SuSE 10.3
X86_64 system again, because I've noticed that there were some updated files
today. By the way, where can I get information about made changes?

For installation I've used the command

raven:/home/peter/work/texlive/install-tl # \
	./install-tl -gui -location /tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tldev

from a local path, after interactive download, because I feared that my
download bandwidth will be to small for a NET installation (max 384kbits per
seconds).

The installation GUI, and its German translation, is very useful and works
fine. Everything works fine with installation (under root rights).

The end of installation pop-up is not translateted, but OK too. Only the hint

See /usr/local/texlive/2008/index.html for links to documentation ....

points to no index.html file in that directory, and I couldn't found it
elsewhere in the path. Forgotten or just not implemented?

I've found the file http://tug.org/texlive/Contents/live/doc.html on web from
TeX Live 2007, I guess, and I mean, that it would be nice to have a
comparable file with local links added to the 2008 version.

So far I could see --- really great work !

By a leakage of time,  the Tex Live 2008 itself is not yet tested deeply.
Sorry. May be the next days.

Best regards,
Peter