[tex-live] problem with fc-list

Xiao Cui texmajia at yahoo.cn
Fri Jul 25 18:37:09 CEST 2008

Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at cybercomm.nl> 写道:  On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 08:47:21AM +0800, Xiao Cui wrote:

> Siep Kroonenberg 写道:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 06:33:24PM +0200, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
>
> C:\Users\siepo>kpsewhich --var-value=FONTCONFIG_PATH
> C:/Users/siepo/texlive/2008/texmf-var/fonts/conf
>
> C:\Users\siepo>kpsewhich --var-value=FONTCONFIG_FILE
> fonts.conf
>
> --
> Siep Kroonenberg
> I downloaded the last version of install-tl, neither v9753 nor v9752 gives the right result, no matter I logged in as an administrator or an ordinary user.
>
> Note that the installed version runs perfect.
>
> Here are some more information
>
> TL G:\TL20080724>set t
> TEMP=C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp
> TEXBINDIR=G:\TL20080724\bin\win32
> TEXDIR=G:\TL20080724\
> TEXDIRW=G:\TL20080724\
> TEXMFCONFIG=G:\TL20080724\texmf-config
> TEXMFDIST=G:\TL20080724\texmf-dist
> TEXMFHOME=G:\TL20080724\texmf-home
> TEXMFLOCAL=G:\TL20080724\texmf-local
> TEXMFMAIN=G:\TL20080724\texmf
> TEXMFSYSCONFIG=G:\TL20080724\texmf-config
> TEXMFSYSVAR=G:\TL20080724\texmf-var
> TEXMFVAR=G:\TL20080724\texmf-var
> tldrive=G:
> TMP=C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp
>
> TL G:\TL20080724>kpsewhich --var-value=FONTCONFIG_PATH
> G:/TL20080724/texmf-var/fonts/conf
>
> TL G:\TL20080724>kpsewhich --var-value=FONTCONFIG_FILE
> fonts.conf
>
> Xiao

This looks fine. I believe that fc-cache now is configured
correctly.

As a workaround, remove or comment out lines containing texmf-dist
in the file G:/TL20080724/texmf-var/fonts/conf/fonts.conf

Do fc-cache and fc-list now behave correctly, and would xetex still
be useful to you with this configuration?

Please answer to the list since I cannot fix problems with fc-cache
myself.

--
Siep Kroonenberg

1. The current version 20080725 works well under Windows Vista. Many Thanks!

  2 .However, the same problem occurs under Windows XP. I found that there are only 3 folders in  texmf-var/fonts/: map, pk, and tfm. That is, there is not a folder named texmf-var/fonts/conf

  3. I COPY files in the image to a SD card which is writable. Then I run tl-portable under Windows vista. It generates necessary files/folders on the SD card. After that, it is usable with Windows XP.

  > would xetex still be useful to you with this configuration?
  I do not know what do you mean. Of course, xetex is very useful.

  Best,
  Xiao