[tex-live] Minor things

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Thu Jul 24 17:11:58 CEST 2008

Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Francois,
>
>     gfsporson and gfsbaskerville are in collection-langgreek, but
>     gfsartemisia, gfsbodoni, gfscomplutum, gfsdidot, gfsneohellenic and
>     gfssolomos are in collection-fontsextra. Shouldn't they all be in
>     collection-langgreek?
>
> As I understand it, porson and baskerville only support Greek.  The
> others support English (et al.).  Hence the difference.

That makes sense. And since the cbfonts in the langgreek collection
already occupy 85MB (!!), it's certainly better to leave the other fonts
where they are. Just out of curiosity, why is the cbfonts package so
large? I had a quick look at the documentation, but still I could not
quite figure out why the type1 fonts should amount to 75MB.