[tex-live] xetex: broken pdf inclusion

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jul 17 00:23:02 CEST 2008

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
>>     \XeTeXpdffile "t.pdf"
>>
>> Sigh.  Must be something pretty basic ...
>> Jonathan, are you there, or are you offline for Cork now?
>
> This is easy to diagnose, luckily. Everything else is broken
> exactly *because* pdftex is fixed now.

To be honest, I did not really try this out, it is too late for that
now, I have to get to bed. But I do not see what else it could be.

> Martin, this is the -DDISABLE_OUTLINE again, but now in reverse.
>
> Do we really need that in pdftex?

Is it even safe to do this with e.g. a dynamic poppler link, btw?
Or is it because of that?

>                                   If not, the fix is simple: just
> revert your change to the xpdf Makefile.in's and drop the -D from
> ALL_CXXFLAGS also.

Or the other way around: luatex and xetex need a -DDISABLE_OUTLINE
then while compiling their glue to the xpdf library.

Best wishes,
Taco