[tex-live] [tex-hyphen] CZ/SK in babel for TL 08

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Jul 16 15:32:12 CEST 2008

Hi!

 MM> The whole logic is hidden in the code below (one can easily load
 MM> conv-utf8-il2.tex instead of conv-utf8-ec.tex), but you would need
 MM> to tell me what and how to change. I thought that you would load
 MM> both patterns at once, but if you want to load them depending on
 MM> current encoding, I don't have the knowledge how to do that.

a brief look at recent babel changes shows that it is now possible to
specify the encoding in the language.dat file, e.g.:

slovak loadhyph-sk.tex
slovak:IL2 loadhyph-sk-il2.tex

then babel will load the patterns which were loaded by loadhyph-sk-il2.tex
if one switches to slovak language, and current font encoding will be IL2.

Best,
v.