[tex-live] Announcement/Warning: everal changes in network installer

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Jul 13 13:58:56 CEST 2008

On So, 13 Jul 2008, George N. White III wrote:
> My suggestion is that those messages go to a window as with ltmgr, mainly
> with the goal that systems could provide an "install TeX Live from CTAN" icon
> for users who insist that command lines were a temporary stop-gap to
> make up for the demise of card punch machines.

What is the use of it. Double clicking the installer.bat will start a
gui installer on win32. And the messages will appear anyway in the log
file. So no need to create more distraction.

Furthermore, the infrastructure does not allow easy changing of that,
since we support several installer (text, gui) and they are only an
upper layer.

Anyway, I don't consider this importatn. If you want/can come up with a
patch, great.

Best wishes

Norbert