[tex-live] texmf-dist/tex/latex/arabi/bblopts.cfg

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 20:27:42 CEST 2008

Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> (/home/ms/tex/texlive/svn/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.sty
> *************************************
> * Local config file bblopts.cfg used

this is a fundamental brokenness of babel -- you have to execute an
elaborate dance to get tiyr your own .ldf recognised by babel.

iirc, bernard gaulle has a solution for the problem (in french(pro|le))
but i've never investigated it.

> (/home/ms/tex/texlive/svn/Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/arabi/bblopts.cfg)
> (/home/ms/tex/texlive/svn/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/english.ldf
> (/home/ms/tex/texlive/svn/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/babel.def
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \main at language ...bbl at main@language \bbl at patterns
>                                                   {\languagename }
> l.131 \main at language{english}
>
> We don't want to ship a default bblopts.cfg, do we?
>
> And I think babel is broken...

i agree: there's a post on c.t.t about this same error message.  can't
see how it happens, though.

i'll try to characterise it and dig out a response from johannes.  (for
all that time's getting a bit short -- he does seem to be awake at the
moment, which is a blessing!)