[tex-live] trouble starting context on latest tl2008 developer snapshot

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 8 01:18:09 CEST 2008

            scheme-context
    pulls in
            collection-context
            collection-metapost
            collection-xetex

Taco ... I know the future messages said not to worry about, but I just
wanted to mention that I think it would be easy to install just the core
metapost program, by depending on bin-metapost + metapost instead of
collection-metapost.  There are ~20 additional third-party MP packages
in collection-metapost, but nothing truly critical for MP operation that
I am seeing at a glance.

So if you don't want them for context, we can try omitting them.  Just
let me know.

(Xetex is not so easy to disentangle.  Long story.)

karl