[tex-live] What is lgr-tex.enc?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 21:29:49 CET 2008

Werner LEMBERG <wl at gnu.org> wrote:

> The file
>
>   fonts/enc/dvips/grtimes/lgr-tex.enc
>
> doesn't contain a proper encoding vector.

quite so: it's part of a scheme for converting various monotype greek
font to mf, as far as i can tell.

since we now have all these lovely gfs fonts, not to mention all the
options in the otf arena, i'm inclined to suggest that we ask apostolos
whether it's not a good idea to dump grtimes from tex-live.

(i've recently reorganised the greek stuff on ctan, separating the font
part and the macro part.  i had to look rather carefully at grtimes
because it was in a directory that was otherwise almost exclusively
macros.)

robin