[tex-live] XeTeX 0.997 into TeXLive

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Feb 5 21:39:59 CET 2008

On 5 Feb 2008, at 1:07 pm, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

>>> Aah!  Can you provide Linux binaries, please?
>>
>> I could build some (i386-linux), but I don't maintain the "canonical"
>> old Linux system, libs, etc., that are used for the TL release
>> binaries. So I was assuming that would happen as part of the overall
>> build process as we approach release. It might only confuse things if
>> I start checking in Linux binaries built on a different
>> configuration.
>>
> I am too lazy and too busy to read build instructions. If someone can
> point me to some simple and short document, I can build versions for
> i386 and x86_64 on my CentOS machines (based on RHEL4). There may only
> be one problem: fontconfig in RHEL4 is old.

All you normally have to do is go to texlive/trunk/Build/source/ and
run the Build script located there; this should make everything
(within the Work dir that it creates). The binaries end up in Build/
source/inst/bin/<platform>.

However, it sounds like the configure scripts are undergoing some
changes, so I don't know if the overall process works right now.

JK