[tex-live] No unzip in texlive/2008/bin/win32/

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Dec 30 20:53:43 CET 2008

George N. White III wrote:

> getnonfreefonts is a cross-platform script and expects a command-line
> unzip(.exe on WIn32) that supports certain options.   WinZip has a
> command-line addon but the options aren't compatible with those of
> the open source unzip.  Is there a command-line interface for Windows
> Explorer.

The documented options are here :

	http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853

but none suggests that ZIP-unpacking can be
accomplished from the command-line without
requiring further (Windows-style) interaction
with the user :-(  The nearest I can find is

	rundll32.exe zipfldr.dll,RouteTheCall Install-TL.zip

but that still requires the user to instruct
Explorer to extract the files using the Windows
GUI interface ...

** Phil.