[tex-live] `texdoc fontinst' problem

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Dec 29 00:41:33 CET 2008

Hi Werner,

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> is aliased to `fontinstallationguide', it's not nice that I `fontinst'
> isn't presented at all:

I'm not sure, but do you mean
/texmf-dist/doc/fontinst/base/manual/fontinst.pdf ? Or the man page ?

> I have to explicitly say
>
>   texdoc -l fontinst.pdf
>
> to get what I want.  This looks fishy...

Or you can get what you want with texdoc -A -l fontsinst, too, but I
agree with you that you shouldn't need to do so.

Currently there's nothing to do about it but remove the alias, which
would probably not be good either. I plan to add a new directive
'addalias' (or whatever its name) which would be like 'alias', but
instead of replacing the given name with the alias would look for both
of them. If everything (including my "real-life" work) is going as I
wish, I may have time to implement it next week.

Manuel.