[tex-live] Update first

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 23:50:00 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>    If this is a case then basically user has only two choices with tlmgr:
>
> tlmgr update --force foo  will update foo even in the presence of
> infrastructure updates.
>
> I thought about putting this in the warning message but thought doing
> sowould only encourage ignoring the infrastructure updates, which is the
> opposite of what we want to achieve.  It's in the --help text.

--force
           If updates to the tlmgr itself (and the underlying
infrastructure) are present
           tlmgr will bail out and not perform the update unless this
option is given (or
           --list is given).

Yes, it is here (but not very explicitly)

I agree that it is more prudent to update tlmgr first (and actually
the recommendation to do this was circulated even before it wa s
enforced)

> karl
>
> P.S. I will be offline the rest of the week.  Back Monday.  Happy holidays.

Happy holidays to everyone

Victor