[tex-live] Problems updating TL on Cygwin?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 24 23:42:20 CET 2008

    Today, it refuses to update and says something like "...you should
    update bin and infra package first" and trying this it prints some
    message like

It's telling you to update the infrastructure packages.  I suggest doing so.

    Why, now, it says "no available_architectures" ? Usually it recognizes
    Cygwin as 'i386-cygwin'.

I am not aware that we made any changes (yet) regarding platform
recognition.

    From my point of view there is a regression here...

Sounds like it, but I can't debug it, not having Cygwin.  I hope you can
figure out what's wrong and tell us.

Karl