[tex-live] bug(?) of tlmgr

Ruben Prins ruben_prins at planet.nl
Sat Dec 20 17:55:51 CET 2008

Karl,

Unfortunately, adding this perldoc.bat makes the problem worse. Now *every*
Windows user will have the problem, not just those that have a secondary
Perl installation. The x: drive thingy is in tlperl/lib/Config.pm; which is
reset with every update of tlperl, so since my latest tlmgr update, --help
is hosed again:

If I add

       print $progpath . "\n";

just before the system call to perldoc in tlperl/lib/Pod/Usage.pm, I get

	X:\perl\bin\perldoc

So the fix is not a new perldoc shim, but a correct Config.pm (or a
different incantation of perldoc in pod2usage).

Ruben