[tex-live] searching help for files w/o documentation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Dec 18 18:05:36 CET 2008

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> What about adding the following sentence or something similar:
>
>   You might also look up the source code in case you know the exact
>   file name; provided that file `CJKnumb.sty' exists, try
>
>     texdoc CJKnumb.sty

Well, I can see a lot of txt files in the doc tree of CJK. Doesn't one
of those document the commands from CJKnumb? I'd rather add an alias
cjknumb=<some txt file>.

Concerning the sentence, I'm not sure because I'd like to keep the "not
found" text as short as possible (as well as any other text) because
long texts are less likely to be read. Also, in an ideal world texdoc
wouldn't have to display the sty files, so I'm not very enthusiastic in
advertising this feature too much.

Manuel.