[tex-live] (TeXLive 2008) Fix for small dvipdfm(1) configuration file error

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Fri Dec 5 07:39:14 CET 2008

Hi Karl,

>             < V 2
>             ---
>             > V 3
>
> Thanks.  For dvipdfmx, we have V 4.  Do you know of some reason we
> should not use 4 for dvipdfm too?  I'll change it to that barring advice
> to the contrary.  (Those PDF version "errors" are so uselessly painful.)

In dvipdfm, only V 2 and V 3 are allowed, for example,

	  if (level >= 2 && level <= 3) {
	    pdf_set_version(level);
	  } else {
	    fprintf (stderr, "\nNumber following version specification is out of range\n\n");
	  }

If you change sources like the above, it is formally possible
to support higher numbers. But I think we should use dvipdfmx.

Best,
Akira