[tex-live] Missing fonts in BasicTex for Mac

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 3 19:30:08 CET 2008

On Nov 29, 2008, at 8:43 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> On the mactex-support list we've had a couple of reports of problems
> with missing fonts (in particular ptmr7t when using the times
> package or the IEEEtrans document class) from folks that have
> installed BasicTeX which is based on the ”TeX Live basic scheme”
> with the addition of “LaTeX recommended packages",
> "ConTeXt format", "MetaPost (and Metafont) drawing", "PSTricks
> packages", and the "XeTeX macros.”
>
> Can one use tlmgr to install a collection of fonts that would
> include the missing fonts and which collection would have these
> fonts? Maybe better, is there a way to use tlmgr find out which
> collection has these fonts so I don't have to bother this list with
> things like this?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

One of the folks reporting the problem with BasicTeX on the Mac (see
the message above with its TeX Live content) found a solution for the
missing ptmr7t font problem on the net at <http://www.geekness.net/?
p=10>. I wonder if the ”TeX Live basic scheme” or “LaTeX recommended
packages" should include the lw35nfss fonts or collection-
fontsrecommended (if the size isn't prohibitive.