[tex-live] Why such an old version of enumitem

Brett Presnell presnell at stat.ufl.edu
Tue Dec 2 21:19:17 CET 2008

This really concerns the texlive-latex-extra package distributed by
Ubuntu (and Debian), but the Ubuntu package managers directed me here.
Anyway, I'm wondering why this package contains Version 1.1 (2005/05/12)
of enumitem.sty rather than the current Version 2.1 (2007/06/30), which
obviously has been out for some time now.  The answer from the Ubuntu
package managers was that they just use whatever texlive provides, so I
guess the question is, why doesn't texlive distribute the newer version?