[tex-live] Installation problems on Windows Vista

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 1 17:37:23 CET 2008

On Mo, 01 Dez 2008, Lars Madsen wrote:
> it is nice, but if users are not informed that there is now an extra
> program that they have to run, then it is a bit of a problem. But I'm
> sure you give enough information to the user.

Aehmmm... there is:
- a BIG FAT WARNING in the GUI, extra windows
- a BIG FAT WARNING at the end of the tlmgr update --all run

If people cannot *read* then I cannot change anything.

> Could one wrap tlmgr? such that it is another program that starts tlmgr,
> and then when tlmgr is finished it looks for an update file, and runs it
> if it is present.

Programmers wanted ...

Best wishes

Norbert

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong
and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a
thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually
turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
                 --- One of the laws of computers and programming revealed.