[tex-live] Installing TeXLive2008 on Cygwin

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 28 02:04:54 CEST 2008

    No, it does not show up nor is selected by defaul.

In tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm there is a function platform which maps
config.guess output to TL platform names.  Depending on what
config.guess outputs on Cygwin, you may need to tweak it.

Here are my notes (from tlpkg/doc/packages.txt):

 To add a new architecture:
 - check that the config.guess output maps to our architecture name
   (the `platform' routine in TeXLive/TLUtils.pm)
 - create directory in Master/bin and add at least one file
 - add lzma and lzmadec binaries in Master/tlpkg/installer
 - add description in Master/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm
 - regenerate tlpdb.

I'll answer the other questions separately.

karl