[tex-live] confusion about "web"

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Aug 24 01:02:32 CEST 2008

plodding through the catalogue trying to iron out inconsistencies with
tl2008[*], i find obvious nonsense in the tlpdb entry for bin-web

the shortdesc and the longdesc derive from the confusing stuff the
catalogue holds about dp story's web/exerquiz.

i fear i've not really kept up with story's stuff (it seems far removed
from anything that either i or any of my users is likely to be able to
afford), and as a result the catalogue entries lack coherence, yet even
i can see that acrotex is nothing to with knuth's tangle+weave.

so, sorry for my part in the mess: is there any chance that it can be
corrected at this late stage?

robin

[*] <80 errors in my mechanically-generated list of errors, now, but i'm
still operating at the rate of tortoise on mogadon