[tex-live] linguex in texlive snapshot

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 14 01:05:17 CEST 2008

    The package linguex (used for examples in linguistics) requires
    cgloss4e.sty.

I changed things so that gb4e is included in collection-humanities
(where linguex is) instead of collection-latexextra.  So one will have
to go to a lot of trouble to get one package and not the other now.

Although Robin is certainly correct in principle that we should not
distribute packages without any licensing info, I don't think a couple
of days before the final build is the right time to delete them all
(many, many, many).

In any case, I see that gb4e is derived from midnight and covington
which are free, so we can conclude gb4e is (other-)free also.  (Robin, I
believe midnight should be other-free (barely), not unknown.)

karl