[tex-live] TL2008 installation under Windows

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Aug 13 18:49:58 CEST 2008

Siep Kroonenberg scripsit (13.08.2008 18:06)
> If OTOH it is turned into a TeX Live package then this can be done
> in the postinstall.

I think we were speaking of a non-free font. Unless you mean opening a
tl-non-free section?

> We (I) don't want to mess with this.

Same with me. Either someone comes with a ready to copy-paste solution, or I
won't touch it.

>> Anyway, I don't see what this print function is good for. IMO, documentation
>> should be in a well-known format, namely pdf, html or plain text, that anyone
>> knows how to print, and texdoctk shouldn't try to do things like converting to
>> ps and printing itself. I mean, once the doc is opened in a viewer the user
>> can click on the viewer's "print" button, can't she?
>>
> I guess it is too late to remove print support altogether.

Sure. Anyway, I don't want o touch anything in the texdoctk code now, and
probably not in the future either.  I just wanted to point out that this is
not a very serious problem, and also that IMO there's a lot of (now) useless
things in texdoctk's code that bloat it.

Manuel.

PS: I changed the "Search" button text to "search texdoctk's database" and
added a line "Try `texdoc $string' in a command line." to the "not found"
dialog. Hope that helps. (r10308, available in tomorrow's installer)