[tex-live] Perltk-zh.pl in tl2008 has been finished in both simplified and traditional chinese.

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Aug 9 12:26:29 CEST 2008

George N. White III wrote:

 > There is also the Microsoft way:
 >
 > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms776260(VS.85).aspx>
 > has a table for HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/International/Locale
 > My linux PC has 409=en-US on wine.  The table offers:

"Locale" as a key ?  I have 00000809, which from the
table is

	0x0809 	English (United Kingdom) 	en-GB 	Latn 	1252

but clearly one would want to map from the Locale key-value to
"en-GB" (or whatever) without making a fairly slow lookup from
a Microsoft .Net resource, would one not ?  Perhaps the installer
could /add/

	HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Rfc1766/

if it does not exist, and populate it with the values that
were current when the installer was last built ?

** Phil.