[tex-live] fc-cache

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Fri Aug 8 19:48:19 CEST 2008

On 8 Aug 2008, at 5:54 PM, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> In case it got drowned out by all the other noise on the tex-live
> list: Phil Taylor is also having persistent problems with fc-cache.
> It doesn't seem to be a configuration problem since fc-cache works
> on some directories and fails on others.  Norbert already redirected
> stderr/stdout to a logfile. An explanation in the output of the
> consequences of failure might also alleviate the problem. A real
> solution would of course be best.

Sorry, I've been only very intermittently on-line the last few days,
and I don't really know anything about the Windows build.

Phil, are you running (the TL installer, and/or fc-cache separately)
as an administrator or as a "normal" user? (I'm not too sure of the
appropriate Windows terminology here.) I'm guessing that without admin
privileges, it is unable to write into the c:\windows\fonts directory.

Jonathan