[tex-live] End of installation log transcript

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Aug 7 21:50:13 CEST 2008

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> But if there are system-level environment variables and if you are
> only poweruser and don't have administrative privileges then you
> can't remove it.

No, there were three (perhaps four) system-wide
environmental variables starting with TeX
(including "TeX" itself, translating to
"TeX.exe", which has strangely come back
again), and I deleted all of them.  Anyhow,
further tests are probably worthwhile : the
more problems that can be eliminated before
/hoi polloi/ get their grubby fingers on
TL-2008, the better !

** Phil.