[tex-live] Perltk-zh.pl in tl2008 has been finished in both simplified and traditional chinese.

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Aug 6 21:47:41 CEST 2008

Hi Zhao,

(Cc-ing the texlive list, there are other people with experience in that
area who might be able to help)

On Mi, 06 Aug 2008, hongyi.zhao wrote:
> Dear Dr. Norbert,

Not so formally, please ... we are all working together!

> Perltk-zh.pl in tl2008 has been finished in both simplified and traditional chinese:
>
> perltk-zh_tc is the traditional chinese version, and perltk-zh_sc is the simplified chinese version.

Thanks a lot, but I see a problem: How to distinguish beteen siplified
and traditional?

You reported that the installer told you:
	Couldn't find language file installer/lang/perltk-zh.pl: No such
	file or directory.
So it deduced only _zh from it.

Our modules take a look into the registry to find out that value. It
goes like this:
	Look into CurrentUser/Control Panel/International//Locale
and then look up that value in
	HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/MIME/Database/Rfc1766/

Do you have any suggestion?

I would say we install the simplfied version as
	perltk_zh.pl

Or is there any other suggestion?

Best wishes

Norbert

YONDER BOGINE (n.)
The kind of restaurant advertised as 'just three minutes from this
cinema' which clearly nobody ever goes to and, even if they had ever
contemplated it, have certainly changed their mind since seeing the
advert.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff