[tex-live] TexLive 2007 & russian language support (on Win32 platform)

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fsci.fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Sep 5 06:21:04 CEST 2007

On Die, 04 Sep 2007, Mikhail Filimonov wrote:
>> I have a document which uses a lot of different russian fonts.
>> If  TexLive does not found metric file it calls MF to create it (and it
>> is desired behavour).
>> BUT: after creating metic file, compliling of TEX file fails with
>> diffents errors.

Norbert:
>What different errors? The expected behaviour (and the one happening
>here on my computer) is that all the fonts are created and after this
>the tex run continues.

>> "test.tex" is very simple file, but also showing this problem - errors
>> (with font) at first run.

Norbert:
>first run created all the fonts and the correct dvi file.

On W32TeX, TeX compilation does not stop and
all are the same as Norbert, so I cannot understand
the situation Mikhail encountered.
However, some of "mktex*" programs are different between
W32TeX and TeXLive2007 for Windows.
I'm not actually running TeXLive2007, therefore
I want to pass the problem to the other suitable
person (Staszek ?).

Best regards,
Akira