[tex-live] [NTG-context] ConTeXt on FreBSD (was: missing *8t.tfm files)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Sep 1 00:00:35 CEST 2007

    No problem. Martin is looking at this for me right now,

I had a wild speculation which I can't really look into right now:
perhaps the original package has a map file in non-dvips syntax.  I have
the vague impression that updmap assumes the original map file is
dvips.  At least, I don't see anything in updmap for transforming input
to dvips syntax.  (Or pdftex either, which puzzles me.)